MediKane has just returned from attending the Natural Products Expo West, held in Anaheim, California. The NPEW is the largest assembly of suppliers, distributors and retailers of natural products on the planet. This year there were over 70,000 visitors to the event and it keeps growing. This visit will allow us to maximise the results when we exhibit at the Natural Products Expo East in Baltimore this September.
There were a few observations that affect MediKane directly, including the fact that being from a US business (MediKane USA LLC, Wall Street, NY) gave us much more acceptance than being a foreigner.
Other ‘Take-aways’ were:
- The requirement for a product to be natural is mainstream and continuing to grow strongly
- US consumers have a very high appetite for new natural products
- A Diabetes Treatment that works would stand out:
- There were NO products that can compete with NutriKane D’s effectiveness at the show
- There were loose claims of ‘Blood Sugar Friendly’ but none of substance.
- The opportunity for a natural and effective diabetes product in the USA is massive.
- Clinical Trials were referenced, but not much evidence, meaning:
- US consumers know they are important.
- VERY few products in our categories have the evidence or clinical trials NutriKane has.
- There is also a definite opportunity for a Weight Management product.
- All US products must have great taste and mouth-feel, and be sweeter than Australian products.
Next Steps for the MediKane team:
- Today we have the Hospital Product (NutriKane+) for sale in the USA
- It is planned to launch a US Diabetes Product (NutriKane D) later this year